Tutor Time Reading
At HP, we take reading seriously! We are extremely proud that our Tutor Time Reading programme is continuing to run throughout this period.
You can access the playlists here:
Year 7 playlist (The House with Chicken Legs, Sophie Anderson)
Year 8 playlist (The Fastest Boy in the World, Elizabeth Laird)
Year 9 playlist (The Middle of Nowhere, Geraldine McCaughrean)
Year 10 playlist (Orange Boy, Patrice Lawrence)
As well as following along with our Tutor Time Reading programme, we encourage students to read their own choice of books for at least 30 minutes per day. If you have finished your DEAR time book and can’t get another one, the following free resources might be of some help:
- Amazon (Kindle Books) – These are free Kindle books for you to choose from.
- Gutenberg Treasure Island - This is a link for Treasure Island which Year 7 have been reading; you may want to finish it!
- Gutenberg – This is a site which contains lots of more classic books
- Scribd – This site is free for 30 days and you will need to enter an account to pay from so you MUST remember to cancel (unless you want to keep it!)
- Read Any Book – This site has lots of free books – you can select the Children’s or Young Adult sections using the buttons on the right of the page
- Read on - These are shorter, easier reads with some graphic novels and the option for audio too.