Uniform and Equipment
At Holmleigh Park, we take great pride in our uniform, as we believe it sets the culture of our school – we have high standards for everything we do.
For all Year 7-11 students, the uniform consists of:
- A school blazer*
- A plain, formal sky blue shirt. This can be long or short sleeved, and must be tucked in.
- Either tailored, plain black trousers which reach the laces or the school kilt
- A school tie*
- Formal and professional plain black shoes
- A school jumper (optional)*
- Socks must be plain black
- Tights (no leggings) should be plain black and not patterned. White socks over tights are not permitted.
- During cold/wet weather, students are encouraged to wear an outside, waterproof coat for the journey to and from school and during break time and lunchtime if outside the school buildings. Please note that denim / leather jackets and hoodies are NOT permitted and such items will be confiscated if worn on site.
Items marked with a * must be purchased from our uniform shop, Monkhouse.
For examples of acceptable shoes and trousers, please see the Further Information section below.
All students are expected to carry their everyday equipment (PE kit, pencil case, books, etc.) in a bag of suitable size. Small handbags and boot bags are not suitable for everyday use; we recommend a rucksack.
Every student is expected to bring the following basic items of equipment for every lesson, every day:
- School bag (which must be large enough to hold an A4 folder)
- 30cm ruler
- Pen (black or blue)
- Green pen
- 360 protractor
- Casio Fx-83-Gt- Scientific calculator
- Reading book
- Student planner (Provided by the school)
- A reading book – this can be borrowed from the school library.
- All of these should be kept in a clear pencil case for easy inspection
We ask that you obtain these items before the start of the school year. During the year, students are able to purchase replacements from our school shop, which is open from 08:20-08:30 each day.
Please note that Tippex/liquid paper is not permitted in school and must not be used in any school work.
Any textbooks, library books and specialised equipment will be issued on loan to students. We expect students to look after these, and they may be charged for any damage beyond reasonable wear and tear.
Boys PE Kit
- HP High Rugby Shirt *
- HP High Rugby Shorts or Skort *
- HP High Socks *
- HP High Polo Shirt *
- Rugby or Football Boots
- Swimming shorts
Girls PE Kit
- HP High Girls Polo *
- HP High Shorts or Skort *
- HP High Socks *
- Rugby or Football Boots
- Swimming costume
- HP High branded leggings [must be worn underneath shorts/skort] *
- HP High branded tracksuit bottoms *
- HP High branded ¼ zip training top *
- Mouth Guard (highly recommended)
Items indicated with a * must be purchased from Monkhouse.
Pupils are expected to bring the correct HP PE kit to every lesson.
If a pupil is unable to physically take part in the lesson a note must be provided from their parent/carer. Pupils will still be expected to change into their kit and participate in the lesson in another form (coaching, umpiring, etc)
All jewellery must be removed prior to the lesson starting. We highly recommend ear piercings to be done over the summer holidays to ensure they are fully healed by September.
The only jewellery which is acceptable is a wrist watch and one pair of small plain gold or silver stud earrings in the lobe of the ear only. Any other form of jewellery is not allowed. Holmleigh Park does not allow facial piercings of any kind, including transparent piercing retainers. Students will be asked to remove any other piercings if they are visible. Failure to do so will result in the student spending the day in On Site Provision (OSP) where they will remain until any prohibited piercings are removed.
No extreme hairstyle or dyed hair is allowed, including dip-dyed. Hair is to be of natural colour and only one colour. This includes tramlines and other shaved patterns, Mohican or skinhead-type styles. Hair must be no shorter than grade 2. Students arriving in school with an unacceptable hairstyle (including lines shaved into eyebrows) will be sent to OSP. Male and female students with long hair must tie it back for PE, Technology and Science lessons. Students will remain in OSP until any prohibited hair styles are returned to acceptable styles.
Please note: please make informed decisions with your children with respect to piercings and hair styles that may be changed during school breaks – If a student arrives on their first day back with prohibited styles or piercings they will be placed in OSP immediately until the situation is resolved.
No make-up of any kind is to be worn by students. This includes foundation, lipstick, lip-gloss, mascara, blusher, eye shadow, eyeliner, brow liner and nail varnish (including false nails and false eyelashes). Students arriving in school wearing makeup, nail varnish or false nails will be asked to remove it. Failure to do so will result in the student being sent to OSP.
Trousers must be plain black, and of a tailored / boot cut style. They must reach down to cover the shoe laces.
Tight trousers, leggings, denim trousers, trousers which do not cover the ankle, trousers with visible zipped pockets etc will not be considered. The images below give some examples. If in doubt, keep the receipt and email us a picture – we’d be more than happy to advise!
Shoes must be plain black and formal. They should be leather – or another material which can be polished. Trainers, sneakers, ankle boots, canvas shoes are not permitted. The images below give some examples – again, if in doubt, please don’t hesitate to ask!