We are delighted to announce that Holmleigh Park High School has been judged as ‘good’ in all areas by Ofsted. This reflects the dedication, hard work, and commitment of the entire school community, from students and parents, to staff and governors.
The inspection took place on 11th and 12th of October 2023 and the school has received the following judgements:
Inspectors made the following key points in their report:
- High Expectations and Positive Environment: The school values of "work hard, be kind, take responsibility," create a positive atmosphere where students feel safe and disruptions are minimal. Relationships between staff and students are built on mutual respect and trust.
- Tolerance and Leadership: students learn to be tolerant of others, and students, including sixth-form students, actively take on leadership responsibilities, contributing to the school community as council representatives, house captains, charity ambassadors, and community volunteers.
- Broad and Ambitious Curriculum: The school offers a broad and ambitious curriculum, with an increasing number of students studying the English Baccalaureate subjects at GCSE. Regular retrieval activities and revisiting of topics contribute to effective learning.
- Emphasis on Reading: Holmleigh Park High School places a high priority on reading, with each tutor group starting the day by sharing a book. The school supports even the weakest readers effectively, fostering confidence and a love for reading.
- Safeguarding and Inclusivity: The school identifies students with special educational needs and disabilities effectively, providing support through a "nurture tutor group." The arrangements for safeguarding are deemed effective.
The report can be read in full here.