Letter from the Head - Friday 9th February
In this issue: Gatsby Benchmark provision for Careers and end of half-term miscellaneous messages
Last week we received our updated report from the Gloucestershire Careers Hub detailing HP’s performance against the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks for the Autumn term 2023/24. The Gatsby Benchmarks define what world class careers provision in education looks like and provide a clear framework for organising the careers provision within schools. In 2022/23 we achieved all 8 benchmarks, showing the excellent careers provision available to HP students. Our latest report shows that we have already met 6 this year already, which is above national targets, the national average and the Gloucestershire average. Congratulations to Mr Lockett for ensuring HP students get such good careers' provision at HP.
As we close this half-term I have some miscellaneous messages for you:
- Rehearsals for Matilda are in full swing and we are very much looking forward to the performances in July. Tickets will be available to buy later in the year and we are hoping for full houses every night.
- Activities Week trip sign-up for Years 7-10 is available via the MCAS app. We are very excited for our inaugural Activities Week and know it’s going to be such a good experience for all of our students.
- Thank you to Sixth Form families for a very strong turnout at Parents Evening last night. We have also had Apprenticeship’ Week in the Sixth Form this week with a range of assemblies and talks taking place.
- Mock examinations for Year 11 students begin immediately after half-term. It is crucial that our Year 11 students are revising and working independently over the holiday, on the work that has been set for them, so they are best prepared to do their best in the mocks.
- Our Year 9 students have started their Options process through a range of assemblies this week. Year 9 Options and Parents Evening is on Thursday 22nd February, starting at 5pm.
We look forward to seeing all of our HP students, after the half-term holiday, at 8:30am on Monday 19th February.
I wish you all a lovely weekend,