EXAM CERTIFICATES 2020
The collection of exam certificates for the summer 2020 results is delayed due to a printing error by one of the exam boards (AQA). We are awaiting newly reprinted certificates and will update this page to show when they are available for collection. Thank you for your patience.
This contains important information which candidates and parents/guardians need to be aware of for all exam sessions.
The exam boards have issued ‘Warning to Candidates’ and ‘Information to Candidates’ notices, which all candidates should read to familiarise themselves with the rules and regulations required of them. These can be viewed below and are prominently displayed outside the Main Hall.
Exams will take place in the MAIN and SMALL HALLS, but other rooms may also be used. It is important that students look at the Room Timetable displayed on the Exams Information Board in the Foyer on a regular basis throughout the exam period.
Please be aware that no bags or personal belongings, except for necessary equipment, will be allowed inside the exam room and will be left outside of the room. There is CCTV operating within the School, however we suggest that no valuable items be brought into School on the day of an exam.
- Morning Session Starts 8:45am – arrive no later than 8:30am
- Afternoon Session Starts 1:45pm – arrive no later than 1:30pm
The School buses will start / return at usual times, so please make appropriate arrangements to get home.
Students who are unwell and cannot attend an examination should telephone the School on 01452 301381 and leave a message with details for the absence for the attention of the Exams Office.
What happens if I am late for my GCE/GCSE Exams?
All late candidates must report to the main reception area and must NOT enter the exam room without a member of staff present.
If you arrive after the exam has finished.
- If you arrive after the scheduled finishing time, you will not be able to take the exam. You will be marked as absent.
If you arrive after the start of the exam.
- If you arrive up to 1 hour after the published starting time you may be allowed into the exam room and providing the School is able to arrange adequate supervision arrangements you will be allowed the full time of the exam. Otherwise the remainder of the published exam time will be allowed.
- If you arrive more than 1 hour after the published starting time you may be allowed into the exam room and the remainder of the time allowed. You will be informed that the script will be sent to the exam board but the awarding board has the right not to accept the script.
MISSED EXAMS CANNOT BE TAKEN AT A LATER TIME/DATE.
Any candidates who have timetable CLASHES will be given a separate letter with more detailed information. If you still have any concerns then please do not hesitate to contact the exams office for further guidance.
Name on Certificates
- the exam timetable shows how your name will appear on your certificate.
- this must be your legal name so please check this carefully and inform us immediately of any amendments.
Reminder to all Students:
- Study your exam timetable carefully and note the dates and times of all your examinations (am or pm?)
- Any changes to the exam timetables already issued will be reprinted and issued to students via their Tutors.
- The correct Holmleigh Park uniform must be worn throughout the exam session.
- Ensure you have the necessary equipment BLACK BALL PENS ONLY (NO GEL PENS ALLOWED), pencil, ruler, rubber, calculator (if permitted) etc – students can purchase stationery from the Sports Hall at morning line up.
- Only transparent pencil cases will be allowed into the exam room.
- Transparent bottles containing water (with all labels removed) are permitted for hydration purposes. No cans / fizzy drinks allowed.
- Personal belongings will not be permitted in the Exam Rooms. All belongings will be kept outside the room. We therefore suggest that any valuable items remain at home on the day of the exam.
- MOBILE PHONES / MP3/4 PLAYERS / SMART WATCHES / iPODS / OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES need to remain at home or given to a friend for safe keeping during the exam. Such equipment must not be brought into the exam room. Exam Boards and the School take a breach of this ruling extremely seriously. Possession of unauthorised items is a serious offence and could result in DISQUALIFICATION from the current examination and the overall qualification.
- Wristwatches must not be worn in the exam hall.
- Students will be called into each exam, in exam number order. A card with individual candidate number / centre number / candidate name will be placed on each desk.
- Good behaviour and co-operation with Invigilators is essential before exam entry, during the exam and dismissal in an orderly manner after the exam has ended. Please help us to help you. Any incidents and/or misdemeanours will be reported to the Exams Office / Leadership team and could lead to a malpractice report being sent to the Exam Board.
Students should help themselves by thorough preparation, revision and by attention to all exam guidelines.
Please do not hesitate to contact the School if there are any points which you are uncertain about and do remember to look at the Exams Information Board regularly.
Good luck with all your exams.
All the above are links to the Joint Qualifications Council (JCQ) website and are not updated by Holmleigh Park High School
Post Results Services and Appeals - Student Information
In school on Results Day, there will be many teachers and members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) available to talk to students about their results.
If students have concerns regarding their overall subject grade after publication of results they must speak to their subject teacher as soon as possible but preferably speak to the Head of that Department or a member of SLT. They will discuss your result and any concerns you may have with you.
If you are not able to do this in person, you can email the full details and outline of your concerns to [email protected] and the Exams Office will forward your email to the relevant person.
There are a number of services that all Exam Awarding Bodies offer, which include reviewing the basic clerical steps involved in awarding a grade, to having the piece of work looked at by an Examiner or having access to a copy of your script. Further details of all services available can be obtained from the Exams Office.
All post results service requests must be made through the school as candidates cannot apply for these directly to the Board. It is very important that candidates should be aware, that as a result of any enquiry, marks and/or grades may also go down or stay the same as well as going up.
You must sign a Consent Form before any service is applied for.
If you have any questions please speak to any member in the Exams Office.