Sunday 18th July 2021
I hope you and your families are enjoying the good weather and looking forward to a relaxing summer period.
Following on from the Government’s announcement on Monday 12th July 2021
(www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-confirms-move-to-step-4) where they confirmed the move to Step 4 of the COVID Roadmap from Monday 19th July 2021, I’d like to provide you with an update.
As you’ll be aware, all remaining legal restrictions on social contact have been removed as well as the requirement to wear a face mask. However, the general public and businesses can make informed decisions on how they’d like to manage any risk for themselves and their staff and customers respectively.
There are now no limits on the number of participants for outdoor and indoor activities (no more ‘Rule of 6’), and so all activities can resume as normal including indoor casual football. For five-a-side football you are required to attend activity ready, use the one way system and to exit via the sport hall fire exit.
Whilst we welcome the move to Step 4, we are also very conscious that infection rates are currently very high and are continuing to rise exponentially on a daily basis. Therefore, we believe it is sensible to continue with key measures in place for the safety of our staff and customers.
So, from Monday 19th July 2021, please continue to fully adhere to the following measures whilst using our facilities:
- wear a face mask whilst entering, during periods of non-exercise and exiting the facility - sanitise or wash your hands
- maintain social distancing and follow our one-way system
- ensure you arrive at your designated time for your activity
- attending sports ready for dry side activities (changing rooms will remain closed)
- for a public swim, attend beach ready for your swim slot - arriving at your designated time, showers will remain out of use until further notice.
- our current restrictions and booking process for the use of the pool will remain in place until September when we will review them in line with case numbers and government guidance in place at that time
As a centre we continue to maintain a very high standard of cleaning processes and touch point cleaning, this will be ongoing.
We will continue with on-line booking and payment only to effectively manage the number of participants and arrival/exit times to allow for a more enjoyable customer experience. Please continue to use School Hire and School Activities.
For further updates please check out our Website: www.hphigh.co.uk/sports-centre/news, www.facebook.com/HolmeighParkSportsCentre If you have any questions, please message me via your School Hire account.
Thank you for your continued support of Holmleigh Park Sports Centre and have a lovely summer holiday. #Stayfit #Stayhealthy #Staysafe
Sport Centre Manager