Sixth Form Dress Code - Formal Business Wear
Holmleigh Park operates a business dress policy for Sixth Form students.
This includes the following:
- A suit jacket or blazer. This should be black, navy, or grey. It must be worn at all times around the building, but may be removed during lessons.
- Formal, tailored trousers, a skirt or a dress. This should be black, navy, or grey. Trousers should not be tight-fitting and the skirt/dress must reach the knees.
- A formal, collared shirt or a blouse. T shirts, polo shirts and plaid shirts are not acceptable. Appropriate colours include white, blue, lilac, grey and black. Discreet patterns (e.g. striped) are permissible. Bright colours and large logos/images are not permitted.
- Jumpers and smart cardigans can be worn under the jacket.
- Smart, black, formal shoes. Trainers, canvas shoes etc. are not permitted.
- Black socks or black/neutral tights.
- If a collared shirt is worn, students must wear the Holmleigh Park Sixth Form tie. If a dress or blouse is worn students must wear a Holmleigh Park Sixth Form lapel pin. These will be provided, free of charge, on your first day.
Please note the following:
- Coats, hats, scarves and gloves may be worn on the school site during winter, but must be removed when entering any building.
- Hoodies are not permitted to be worn on the school site at any time.
- Facial piercings are not permitted. Ear piercings are permitted, so long as they are discrete.
- Extreme hair styles and colours are not permitted. Please see the appearance guide on the HP website for further information.
- For over 18s, tattoos must be covered at all times.
These rules are intended to ensure that Holmleigh Park Sixth Form is a professional and smart institution. Students who do not meet these expectations will be asked to correct their uniform, and if this is not immediately possible, will be asked to return home and change.